Homestead Property Inspections LLC provides thorough and professional home inspections for buyers in the Manatee and Sarasota County area. Our team adheres to InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice and training/continuing education requirements to provide the highest level of service.
- You’ve most likely came to this page from the email you received confirming your inspection date, time, and address. Please ensure that you have signed the inspection agreement by noon prior to the day of the inspection. Payment is also required prior to the inspection, if you’d like to pay with cash at the time of inspection, that is fine, and you can reply to the email that was sent to let me know.
- If the home is vacant I recommend confirming with your realtor that the water, power, and gas is on. As well as confirming that all shut off valves and/or breakers are in the on position, as my insurance does not allow me to activate and shut down items or appliances.
- If the home is occupied I recommend consulting with your realtor and/or the seller(s) to ensure that the attic is accessible with any personal belongings removed from access locations. Personal belongings should also be removed from areas surrounding major appliances (HVAC and Water Heaters), crawl space accesses, electrical panels, etc. If personal belongings are present in these areas at the time of inspection, these items and areas will be inspected as best I can from visible portions, as personal items are not moved for the sake of accessibility.
- There is language available that can be used as an addendum to your purchase contract that will ensure this is done. The language is as follows: A. In addition to Seller’s obligation under this agreement to have all utilities, services, and other items operational during all inspections, Seller will also ensure that the crawl space, garage, and/or attic areas will be accessible and free of debris and/or personal articles. B. If anything is unable to be tested and/or inspected during any of the inspections because Seller did not have the utility services and other items operational, and as a result Buyer’s inspections that were paid for by buyer were unable to be performed, then Seller agrees to ensure that the utility services and other items will be operational during any follow up inspections, and the Seller will pay for any and all fees incurred by buyer in order to have the non-functioning items re-inspected.
- You’ll receive a reminder email prior to your inspection
- Home inspections are usually scheduled for 9AM or 1PM each day
- You are encouraged to attend the inspection around an hour and a half into the inspection. The first 60-90 minutes of my inspections are the most important as I’m heavily concentrating and evaluating the structure. I have a routine and system that is conducted on every home and must ensure I’m able to look over everything thoroughly. You’re welcome to come earlier, but I ask that you please not shadow me and save any questions for the end of the inspection.
- Inspections typically last between 2 – 3 hours based on the age, size, and condition of the home.
- The initial confirmation email contained additional services that can be added to your inspection, including but not limited to Indoor Air Quality Testing, Pool and Spa Inspections, Detached Structure Inspections, etc. If these services were not added to your inspection and you would like to have them performed, please reach out to me prior to the inspection.
- You’ll receive your inspection report via email the afternoon of the inspection.
- Please be prepared for a lot of information in the report. I’m as thorough as I can possibly be on EVERY home inspection I perform. It’s not uncommon for me to find between 20 (on well maintained homes) to 40 or more deficiencies (on older, neglected, and/or distressed homes.)
- Please feel free to contact me via text, email, or phone call with any questions whatsoever.
- Lastly, you’ll receive review requests from my software after the inspection. If I could ask for your help, these reviews help me tremendously and are how I attain 80+% of my business and provide for my family. I hope you will see the pride I take in my job, ensuring you understand the condition of the structure and its components.